A§E: because the cochlea is more than audiometry alone...
A§E is a set of psycho-acoustical tests to be used by the professional audiologist. It is conceived to test hearing impaired children and adults who are typically aided with a conventional hearing aid, cochlear implant or other device. All tests are speech- and language independent and supraliminal (above-threshold). All tests now come with a self-test option. Drag and drop a number of tests in the patient's basket and let the patient perform the tests on his own!
Click here to view an 8' video explaining the rationale behind the A§E.
A§E contains tests at the level of detection, discrimination and identification:
- to assess the intensity coding of sound (loudness scaling)
- to assess the spectral coding of sound (phoneme detection, discrimination and identification)
- to assess the low frequency temporal coding of sound (intonation tasks, word stress pattern, sentence intonation)
- In addition it contains a two-loudspeaker localization task to assess the central fusion of binaural hearing.
Includes a speech audiometry module reducing the test time by 66% !!!
Just upload your speech files and go (watch instructional video). If you have a legal version of an existing speech test, we are happy to preload this into the software for you. We can preload the following speech lists:
· Arabic (Ain-Shams Child & Adult, Lebanese E.Zir Male & Female Bisyllabic & Monosyllabic)
· Dutch or Flemish (BLU, Brugse, Erber, Göttinger 3-4, Göttinger 5-6, LINT, LIST, NVA kind & adult)
· English (A Boothroyd, BKB Sentences, Australian CNC words, AuSTIN Sentences)
· French (Fournier monosyllabiques, Lafon)
· German (Freiburger Einsilber, OLSA Sentences)
· Hebrew (Monosyllabic, Spondees)
· Indian (Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil)
· Italian (italiona Parole Infantili, Parole Bisillabiche per Adulti)
· Portuguese (Português Crianças Dissilabica)
· Any other list on your demand...